Saturday, July 5, 2008

Salads not soup

It's been salad weather or at most chilled soup weather. I've been too busy/tired/frazzled/fried to make soups so for me it's salad weather.

We have some beautiful red cabbage from the farm and the 4th of July always brings the need for a barbecue with classic sides (at least for my American husband). We are not a fan of mayo so we usually go for the vinaigrette dressings, but sometimes you need a little more.

My favourite quick and easy dressing is from Patricia Wells. It's a dressing made with light cream and chives. I'm sure it could be made with other light, fresh herbs, but I love chives so I have no need to change it. It's a light creamy dressing that coats the veggies so perfectly without making anything heavy. Once you try it, it will become a staple in your fridge!

I'm not sure what the rules are for posting recipes so I'll just direct you to Martha Stewart's site that has permission, I'm sure to post the recipe.

Enjoy!

No comments: